Moments are coming and going so quickly this time of year. Despite this, I was able to slow down and take in a few that were passing by:
168. Quiet play during our first blanket time (or towels in our case).
169. Teamwork.170. A little mind figuring out the next step.171. Happiness over a tie.172. My little girl looking so cute in her big sister’s sweater (this was my favorite sweater when my 7-year-old was this age).173. Green Christmas tree sugar cookies.174. My son’s question, “Are you happy I’m a part of this family?” Followed by my “Of course I am. I love you, bud!” And his reply “I sure do love you, mommy!”
175. Family time answering questions from our New Year’s memory sheets & predictions for 2012 (I’ll have to share some of our answers at a later time).
176. Listening to my 2-year-old play with her doll house (with emotions of urgency, she has 1 doll crying “Doctor, doctor, she’s dying” and then getting the other doll for him to heal. Maybe the doll was wounded in a battle with her brother’s army men???)
177. Heat (currently 32 degrees outside and will be somewhere in the 20s a little later).
178. Realizing how much time has passed, moments that have been missed and looking ahead towards documenting more of them in the coming year (birthdays can make you sentimental).
Tomorrow I will be one year older. As I look back to this past year there have been so many changes good and bad, but through everything God’s hand has been in it all. I am looking forward to this next year and what He has planned in my life. His path He has me on is better than anything I could’ve picked for myself. If it was up to me, I would be a career women with no children. Now, I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom with a wonderful husband and 4 terrific kids and I wouldn’t change it for anything!